12.19.2011

First "Real" Christmas



This Christmas will technically be mine and Jason's first real Christmas together. The past two Christmases I've traveled to Houston to be with family. This year I have a different job that requires my presence this holiday season. I was bummed at first thinking back to each of the 22 Christmases I've spent with my family in the past, but I quickly began to see the silver lining. Jason and I have now started our own tradition and developed a Christmas color theme for our decorations. I even bedazzled a plain ol' $5 wreath by making bows made out of a cute little gingerbread man pattern and attached them to the wreath. As much as I'd like to think I'm a DIY girl, I'm really too lazy, so I was super proud of myself for this creation.


I'm actually not missing out on seeing some of my family. My dad, Rebecca, Meme and Papa are all driving up to take Jason and I out to dinner at 24 Diner. I haven't been yet, but I've heard it's fabulous! They have chicken & waffles with brown sugar butter. How could that be anything other than amazing?


Merry Christmas, Everybody!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet of you to put a J in memory of me on your tree. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo