2.26.2012

Eleven Things

In place of my "Currently" post that you will find on my blog most every Sunday, I have decided to copy Danielle and try out "11 things" tonight.

There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself & 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions for others to answer.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.

Jason and I in New Orleans, Oct. 2010
1.  I am an EXTREME girly girl.  I always have been, and I always will be.  As far as I'm concerned, there's no other way to be.  What's better than lacy dresses, pink cheeks and mascara?  NOTHING.  I played with Barbies until I was about 14 and my Easy Bake Oven was my stress reliever for years upon years.  There was a time when parents motivated me to try playing a sport, so naturally, I chose soccer.  To me, the concept of the game was to stay as far away from the ball as humanly possible.  My parents encouraged me to stick it out through the end of the season and I did so...absolutely terrified.

2.  I love to travel!  Unfortunately, I don't get to do it too much because of my current financial situation.  I've actually never been outside of the country, and I hate it.  The one place I've been dying to visit for nearly half my life is Greece.  I am in love with the architecture, the Greek way of life, the beaches and so on.  I've read so much and watched many shows on the Travel Channel about the Greek Isles.  I just can't wait until I finally can get there.

3.  I have a slight obsession with tabloids, paparazzi photos and the lives of celebrities in general.  I just find them so fascinating.  Some of my favorites to follow are Michelle Williams, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling (duh), Zooey Deschanel and many more I can't seem to think of right now.

4.  I can't remember the last time I read an entire book for pleasure.  I would really like to, but I think I might still be burnt out on reading from college or something.  I've definitely tried, but nothing seems to hold my attention.  I hope it doesn't have to do with the rise of technology and our increasing infatuation with iPhones, iPads, or any other devices that supposedly make our lives easier.

5.  I have a strange attraction and passion for dark, emotionally exhausting films.  If I don't feel empty and depressed on the inside when the end credits begin to roll, I feel incomplete and unsatisfied.  Sure, I enjoy the occasional comedy, happy ending and pretty much anything with Paul Rudd in it, but when I think about films that I've truly loved, the dark ones come to mind first.

6.  There are a few words in the English language I just simply don't like.  Here are some to give you an idea:  fossil, fig, ditto, cherub, dud.  And I can't stand cliche sayings like "you can say THAT again" or "it was about 'yay' tall"...whatever "yay" means.  I don't get why you can't just say "this tall."

7.  I adore old school Polly Pockets.  I wish with all my heart they were still being made and sold.  Alas, nothing gold can stay.

8.  I've always really liked veggies, but fruit is a horse of a different color for me.  Ideally, it's wonderful, but in reality, most fruits are too high maintenance for my lazy lifestyle.  If I'm going to eat some fruit, it better be something simple like berries or grapes because I am not taking the time to peel an orange or core and slice an apple.  Sorry, buddy.

9.  I once took a cheesy personality quiz in a chain email where you had to match a person in your life with a color, and each color represented something about your relationship with that person.  I chose the color white for my Nana which meant we were twin souls.  Ever since then I've always called her my twin soul.  She is my everything.

10.  I have one tattoo so far- an anchor on the top of my foot.  I definitely plan on getting more; I have about five prepared.  The only thing holding me back is the money.

11.  I greatly prefer cold weather over warm weather.  If I had to choose between being burned alive and freezing to death, I would choose to be an ice block.


Questions from Danielle:


1.  If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
I would be a florist and open my own flower shop.

2.  What's the one thing you look forward to everyday?
Spending a relaxing evening at home on the couch with Jason.

3.  What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
Sometimes Sweet, of course.

4.  Biggest online pet peeve?
When people try to be something they aren't- like a separate web persona.

5.  What is your all-time favorite book?
Jane Eyre

6.  What would your "last meal" be?
Probably a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  I am obsessed with Thanksgiving food!  My Uncle Steve's turkey, Nana's cornbread dressing, my mom's whipped sweet potatoes, corn casserole, english peas, and a piece of buttermilk pie for dessert!  YUM.

7.  Do you believe in love at first sight?
No.  I believe you can feel attracted to someone immediately, at a mere glimpse and, possibly, feel a connection, but I don't think it's actual love yet.  That comes with time and through the growth of respect and empathy for that person.

8.  What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
Brunch with Jason at Taverna (to-die-for eggs benedict and $1 mimosas!)  And just being lazy at home with our pets.

9.  Why do you blog?
Because I love to write and express myself in a healthy way.

10.  If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?
Probably white.  Even though I'm super pale-skinned, I don't think there's a classier color than pure, clean, simple white.

My Questions For You:
1.  What's the scariest thing you've ever experienced?
2.  Describe the most vivid, realistic dream you've ever had.
3.  What is your favorite dessert?
4.  If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you choose?
5.  Which actor/actress would you pick to play you in a movie about your life?
6.  What was your best Halloween costume?
7.  What is your favorite Disney movie?
8.  If you had to go on a TV game show, currently or no longer on the air, which would you pick?
9.  Do you prefer vacationing in the mountains or at the beach?
10.  What is your earliest memory?
11.  What product are you willing to spend big $$ on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo