11.18.2012

Itty Bitty Update

I took the above picture this morning when I first got to work.  The chilly fall air seemed the perfect counterpart to the tranquil morning stillness of Lady Bird Lake - I just had to capture it and use the oh-so brilliant new photo-editing app, Afterlight.  

So it's been a little while, but not much new has happened.  Friday night, Jason and I drove out to Gruene to have dinner with my dad and Rebecca at one of our old favorites, Adobe Verde.  Yesterday I went to Evelyn's baby shower with Helen and Krista.  Jason began brewing his first batch of beer today, so we're excited to see how it turns out!  It should be ready for consumption right before Christmas.  The Formula 1 Grand Prix was this weekend in Austin - the first one of U.S. soil since the Indianapolis catastrophe.  I was expecting the city to be in absolute chaos due to the amount of people the event was estimated to bring in - about 300,000 (three times the amount during ACL).  However, I have been pleasantly surprised.  Work has been super slow and chill, traffic hasn't been bad at all (or at least no worse than usual) and it's been an overall pretty positive experience.  

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when my mom, sister and cousin Kaylie come to town for an early, mini Thanksgiving feast.  My mom and I have planned a pretty delicious menu full of my favorite holiday comfort foods.  I have to work on Thanksgiving day, but will accompany Jason to his parents' house that evening for dinner.  It should be a nice, family-filled week.  Cheers to kicking off the holiday season right!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo