3.04.2013

A Sweet Celebration of Love


Well, Helen and Corey's wedding celebration came and went so quickly!  It feels like just yesterday we were celebrating their engagement at Peche downtown.  I had been looking forward to this wedding for months because I knew Helen would make sure it was the classiest of all affairs, and it truly was.  Both the ceremony and the reception took place at The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.  It was a beautiful and breathtaking venue, the weather was perfect (a tad on the chilly side but we weren't outdoors for very long) and the food was delicious - catered by Whole Foods.  It was such a treat getting to meet their families and other friends and to catch up with Krista and Kyle, who we don't get to see too often because they live in San Francisco.  Some of my favorite parts of the wedding include Helen's signature cocktail (Pimm's Cup), the table centerpieces (little finished wooden boxes filled with succulents made by Corey's grandfather), the tiny pecan, lemon and buttermilk pies for dessert, and, of course, the visible ora of happiness that surrounded both Corey and Helen the entire evening.  I am so glad I got to be a part of the celebration of this new union between two wonderful people.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo