10.10.2013

Easy Breakfast Recipes

In case you missed it (shame on you), I shared a couple of my favorite go-to quick breakfast recipes on Sarah's blog last week while she was away galavanting in NYC...

I've never been much of a breakfast person.  Weird, I know.  I totally enjoy eating breakfast foods, just not usually at the typical breakfast time.  I have worked in a hotel for the past three years.  The first two years I pretty much always worked the morning shift, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and I never ate breakfast before work because that is just too early for me to be eating.  I'd much rather hit the snooze button a couple thousand times. The past year, I have been working more evening shifts where I don't have to be at work until mid-afternoon, so now, I almost always eat breakfast and I've gotten pretty crafty with it, if I may say so myself.  Two of my favorite easy breakfasts include french toast and yogurt parfaits.  

Now, my french toast isn't just any french toast.  Ideally, I like to use a good quality, thick white bread that will soak up lots of the eggy liquid.  French bread is especially nice.

Ingredients (for 1 single serving):

2 slices thick white bread
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Berries
Powdered sugar

Method:

Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside.
Heat an oiled skillet over medium heat.
Dip the bread slices, one at a time, in the egg mixture and place on the heated pan.
Allow the bread to cook for about 1 minute on each side, until lightly browned.
Serve topped with berries and sprinkled with powdered sugar.


Just like my french toast, I like to use certain kinds of components to make a truly delicious yogurt parfait.  

Ingredients:

1/2 cup vanilla honey greek yogurt (I like the Greek Gods brand)
Berries or a fruit of your choice
1/3 cup vanilla almond granola (I get mine at HEB)

Method:

Simple - just layer it up & devour!


I hope these recipes appeal to you and that they inspire you to try a new thing or two with your breakfast routine!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo