10.03.2013

Jason's 30th

My sweet boyfriend, Jason, is officially 30 years old as of September 30!  I had decided a while back that I wanted to do something special for Jason in celebration of this milestone, and I've always wanted to throw a surprise party, so I figured this would be the perfect occasion.  I, obviously, couldn't blog about any of this before the big day so I'll walk you through the process a little bit.  I knew I wanted to invite as many people as possible - anyone and everyone that has made some kind of an impression on Jason.  I sent out emails and Facebook messages to everyone I knew Jason would want to celebrate with about a month and a half before the date I chose for the party, just to get an idea of how many people would seriously consider attending.  Once I had a rough estimate of the number of attendees, I began my search for a venue.  Originally, I was set on Max's Wine Dive, but their food & beverage minimum was out of my price range.  I checked with a few other restaurants and ended up happily settling with Red's Porch.  Jason and I had eaten there many times and really enjoy the food and drinks.  They have great specialty cocktails and a more than decent variety of local beers on tap.  It ended up being the perfect crowd pleaser, offering something for everyone.  

On the day of the party, I had wonderful assistance from my best friends Emily, Heather and Sarah and from my mom who arrived early in the afternoon to help me de-stress and get ready.  It turns out I was worrying and stressing for nothing because, even with storms rolling in all day and night, the party went on without a hitch, and Jason was absolutely shocked when he showed up and everyone yelled "SURPRISE!"  It was such a fun night, and I am so grateful to everyone that made the effort to come and help us celebrate this exciting birthday for Jason!

Cupcake Display photo IMG_3181.jpg Live Long & Prosper photo IMG_3183.jpg  photo IMG_3185.jpg  photo IMG_3199.jpg  photo IMG_3198.jpg  photo IMG_3203.jpg  photo IMG_3218.jpg  photo IMG_3234.jpg  photo IMG_3219.jpg  photo IMG_3237.jpg  photo IMG_3238.jpg  photo IMG_3240.jpg  photo IMG_3241.jpg  photo IMG_3246.jpg  photo IMG_3248.jpg  photo IMG_3250.jpg  photo IMG_3251.jpg  photo IMG_3254.jpg  photo IMG_3260.jpg  photo IMG_3264.jpg  photo IMG_3268.jpg  photo IMG_3270.jpg  photo IMG_3271.jpg  photo IMG_3273.jpg  photo IMG_3278.jpg  photo IMG_3281.jpg  photo IMG_3283.jpg  photo IMG_3212.jpg  photo IMG_3211.jpg

**All photographs courtesy of Emily's camera and Emily & Sarah's picture-taking expertise.

2 comments:

  1. I had such a great time and I'm so glad I got to celebrate Jason's birthday with y'all! You did an excellent job setting everything up and keeping the surprise for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun night! I loved meeting your family and friends and being able to celebrate with you and Jason!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo