9.29.2012

Thoughts On A Rainy Day



Tomorrow is Jason's 29th birthday.  It is so crazy to me that he's almost thirty!  Then again, I still feel like I'm fifteen in so many ways, which is silly because I'm such an old soul at heart.  I'm usually falling asleep by 10 p.m. every night (sometimes even 8 p.m. if I'm exhausted) and my partying days are mostly over, although there are occasions when I just want to go nuts and have "just one more" margarita.  I've always been a little beyond my years.  My close friends that have known me most of my life are familiar with my wild side, but as my dear friend Taylor always used to say to me - "You're hilarious and silly, but you know when it's important to be serious too."  That has always resonated with me because it is such an accurate description of my personality.

Fun was had last night.  Jason and I met up with a friend of mine from work, Zac, his fiance, Kim, and their friend Harrison for dinner at Urban at the Domain in north Austin.  After dinner we went over to the Regal Arbor Cinema to see The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  Having read the book years ago and remembering enjoying it, I was looking forward to the film, and it was really wonderful.  I had forgotten how deep the story goes and all of the heavy elements it focuses on.  It isn't just petty high school drama, and it's definitely something I was able to substantially relate to my freshman year of high school.

Tonight i'll just be lying low inside, maybe do some cleaning around the apartment and watch a movie or two.  Tomorrow, as per Jason's birthday request, we are going to Franklin BBQ for lunch and then participating in some serious bar-hopping.  Should be a fun time.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo