11.04.2012

A Week of Tricks & Treats

Fortune Teller Me

This past week was really wonderful.  I turned twenty-four on October 30 and got to celebrate with my love the day before by going out to the Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood, enjoying a delicious dinner at Jack Allen's Kitchen and having a few drinks with friends on Rainey Street.  On my actual birthday, Jason bought me some Sugar Mama's cupcakes and made one of my favorite meals - jagerschnitzel with German potato salad.

The previous weekend we were invited to our friends' halloween party so I dressed as a fortune teller and Jason as a juggalo (Insane Clown Posse follower).  We had to cut the night a bit short unfortunately because I had to be at work early the next morning, but it was still a good time.  On actual Halloween, we just had a relaxing night in watching Halloween I & II and Trick 'R Treat.  I bought some last-minute decorations for outside the door and on the window to welcome trick-or-treaters, but we only had one little group of kids.  I can't wait until we live in a neighborhood that's more welcoming and open for trick-or-treaters.  I have such fond memories of the tradition from when I was young.  I would love to live in a small town that really celebrates Halloween like Katie and Danielle.

This weekend we had the pleasure of getting to attend another of Austin's renowned music festivals, Fun Fun Fun Fest.  On Friday I got to see Against Me! for the second time, southern rap artist Bun B and Run DMC.  Yesterday I saw Why?, Paul Banks, Wavves and Girl Talk.  I decided not to go today because I can only handle so much back-and-forth between work and festival, and it turned out to be a good decision because I'm feeling pretty under the weather currently.  A scratchy, sore throat and the chills make for a not-so-fun evening :(

A fortune teller and a juggalo
Some movies I got for my bday
Outdoor showing of Hocus Pocus at our apt complex
On the way to Duchman Family Winery
Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood, TX







Birthday Breakfast
Bday Gifts from Jason
Anxiously waiting on Halloween night

Fun Fun Fun Fest
Bun B
Day Two of FFF Fest
Paul Banks
Girl Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo