8.21.2012

Quick Little Post


Oh, hi there.  I guess I let the weekend run away with me there.  It was quite the weekend, lemme tell ya.  My sweet friend Rachel and her boyfriend Adam came down for a visit so I spent Saturday night on Rainey Street with them and a few of their friends.  Even though we spent most of the night crammed and huddled up inside Bar 96 whilst it poured rain like a mad woman outside.  Not complaining too much though; we Austinites most definitely welcome the rain any chance we get.  I had such a great time I ended up staying out until around midnight regardless of having to work at 7 a.m. the next morning.  Of course I was rather tired Sunday at work, but it was all worth it in my humble opinion.  Besides I had yesterday and today off so I've been able to rest up and watch plenty of my guilty pleasure - Gossip Girl.  I'm on season four, and it just keeps getting crazier!  I'm shamelessly obsessed.

Anyway, this morning I've been doing a little planning.  Jason's birthday is coming up next month, and mine is in October, so, naturally, we've been discussing possible plans for our special days.  Jason is still super interested in brewing his own beer, so he wants a starter home-brewing kit, and I'm sure we'll go out to dinner or wherever he wants.  I previously wanted to go down to good old Magnolia, Texas for the Texas Renaissance Festival, but I've decided on a more mature outing - a hill country winery tour!  I am so excited!  I've been researching a bunch of wineries the past couple of hours and I've narrowed it down to the Driftwood Estate Winery, Bell Springs Winery in Dripping Springs and the Duchman Family Winery.  In addition to the tour, I figured we could eat some delicious Salt Lick barbecue while we're out there.  It just seems silly and irresponsible not to, ya know?

Now, I must go get ready for a little afternoon date with my favorite man.  We're going out for lunch at this cajun place called Evangeline Cafe.  I'll let you know how it is!  Have a lovely day. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo