1.04.2013

A Warm Welcome to 2013

Photo credit - thedailygreen.com

I have never been real big into new year's "resolutions" or really even setting goals for myself.  I'm not sure exactly why; I just don't see the point I guess.  If you really want to do something, work hard and do it!  Why the need for a big proclamation and scene?  Having said that, I do think it's important to hold yourself to some standards and make plans to gradually better yourself as a person.  I guess that could be considered the same thing as "setting a goal"?

Am I contradicting myself??  Very well, I contradict myself.

In all seriousness, I believe self-improvement is continuous, constant and never-ending.  You should always strive to be a better you than you were the day before, if that makes any sense.  Look at me - giving a pep talk.  Never thought this would happen, haha!  I think when it comes down to it, I just hate the words "resolution" and "goal."  So there.  Actually, there's a long list, as my close friends know, of words I cannot tolerate.  I'll spare you, and save that for a different post.

Here are a few things I would like to accomplish in 2013:

1.  See The Great Gatsby Baz Luhrmann style.  (Summer 2013)

2.  Finally lose the weight I've been complaining about gaining for the past 2 years.

3.  Apply to at least one job per day, and, hopefully, find an actual CAREER.

4.  Seriously limit my intake of sugar and fatty foods in general.

5.  Try something outside of my comfort zone.  I've been toying with the idea of trying Crossfit.  We'll see...

6.  Become a little more confident in myself.  I've always doubted myself a bit too much for my liking.

7.  De-stress.

8.  Take a moment every day and stop whatever I'm doing to truly appreciate and feel all the wonderful components of my life.

LOTS OF LOVE &
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo