1.11.2013

In Transit



I had a conversation earlier with a friend about how frustrating real life can be.  You don't realize it when you're in college.  Everything seems so fantastic (minus exams and papers and what not), and you just feel as if the world is your little baby oyster to do with what you please.  Then you graduate, and you're probably still hopefully optimistic, rearing to go, "WATCH OUT WORLD, HERE I COME!!!" attitude popping out.  Two years later, it hits you.  I'm still working here at this job that was supposed to be a transition job?!  I'm still in the exact same place I was TWO whole years ago.  What is going on here?  I'm beginning to think this is just how it is in your twenties.  Everything is up in the air, you're on the fence about everything, waiting on opportunities that may never arise.  Life is mythical and absurd and challenging and exhausting and abrupt and weird and spontaneous and scary and the list goes on and on.  When does this awkward stage end? When does life begin?  It's especially difficult for me because, by nature, I'm such a planner and an over-analyzer.  I try to relax and just be content with where I am right now and accept it, but eventually it all starts to overwhelm me again.  It's a never-ending cycle of uncertainty, but I'm doing my absolute best to just go with it and take another step forward and not two steps back.

I'm attempting to get back into writing poetry again.  I dabbled a little in high school and I remember it making me happy so I think I'll give it another go.  Maybe I'll try to publish a small collection.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I jogged/walked three miles earlier out on the Lady Bird Lake Hike & Bike Trail.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I chose fitness over slothing it on the couch all day watching TV.  Tonight Jason and I are meeting our friends Corey and Helen for drinks on the east side.  It should be a fun time.  One of my favorite bars, Brixton, is over there, and I'm looking forward to trying a couple of new bars as well.

Well, it's time to get all of this disgusting sweat off my body.  Happy Friday & enjoy your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo