1.16.2013

Dream Thoughts & A Bestie's Birthday

Random thought in relation to a dream I had last night: Do you ever have fond memories of a movie or TV show you used to adore as a child and then decide to watch it as an adult, and it's just not the same?  How can this happen?  It makes me so incredibly sad.  I guess it's just one of those downfalls of growing up.  Like the traditional Disney movies used to seem so alive and awe-inspiring, and now something just seems off and a bit lackluster.  Don't get me wrong - The Little Mermaid is still in my top 10 favorite movies of all time.  I'll never get sick of that gem!  Sometimes I still pretend I'm Ariel.  Embarrassing, but 100% true confession.

Moving on.  Today is the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends, Taylor.  This morning I sent her a quick "happy birthday" text, and it turned into a thoughtful conversation wandering down memory lane.  We went to elementary, middle and high school together.  We initially met in Girl Scout Troop 3215.  What can I say, our friendship blossomed in a whirlwind of cookie sales, crafting, snacking and camping.  Ah, camping.  I think our troop might have only gone on one camping trip in January or February when it was freezing and miserable outside.  We slept in these makeshift tent-cabin structures and were strictly advised not to go to the restrooms alone, as it was pitch back out there at night.  Of course, I end up having to go to the restroom in the middle of the night so I try to wake someone up to go with me, but it doesn't work and I end up peeing all over myself.  So that is what I remember most clearly from the camping trip, but I believe we also participated in some sort of sock hop talent show thing as well.  I suppose that was a good time.  Anyway, Taylor and I have been through interesting situations together including numerous prank phone calls to infomercials, trying to start a girl band, stalking boys (mostly my doing), creating fake personalities named Jeb, Bertha and Sidalee Bock, Bobo, Buckbo and Bob-O Bonfire, and of course Sidalee's boyfriend Jimmy.  Fun, weird times were had, and here's to many more!  Love you, Bertha-Funky Lady-Taylor.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo