10.23.2012

Girls' Weekend in Houston

Photo credit: Heather B.
I love getting to hang out with Jason on a daily basis; he's my best friend and whether we're out on an elaborate, romantic date or just sitting on the couch watching TV in our fat clothes, we're always having a great time just enjoying each other's company and presence.  Sometimes, however, I just have to be with my close girlfriends, and I'm so so grateful that we've kept in touch regardless of our living in different cities and moving forward in our own individual life paths.  I'm incredibly lucky to have such solid gold friendships with beautiful ladies that have equally beautiful souls.  I don't know where I would be without them; good or bad, they have helped me become the person I am today.  Mushy stuff aside, I had the pleasure of getting to meet up with Emily, Sarah, Sam and Heather this past Saturday night for a short, but much-needed and treasured little trip.  I got an awesome deal with my IHG employee discount at the Crowne Plaza in River Oaks near downtown Houston.  I was really excited to get to go out and experience Houston night life because although I was born and raised there, I was never old enough to get into the decent 21+ places because I was already living in San Marcos when I turned 21.  While checking in to the hotel room I ran into one of the hotel managers/concierge that I had met about a few months ago when she came to my work to give us customer service tips and ideas.  She was super helpful and welcoming and gave my friends and I some suggestions of where to go and how to get there.  After everyone arrived at the hotel and we were all dolled-up, we took a cab to Rice Village where we found Baker Street Pub to be extremely packed so we went next door to 55 Bar and ordered some appetizers to share as well as a few beers.  After a sad goodbye to Heather, we decided to take my mom's recommendation and head over to Midtown to check out a popular bar/pub called Celtic Gardens.  To our initial disappointment there was a long line all the way down the side of the building to get in.  I noticed a few girls going right up to the front of the line and being let in, so I decided we should do the same.  We got in easily, of course! (haha) A few drinks, three shots, a couple of midgets and one baldy later, we closed down the bar and grabbed a cab to take us back to hotel where Emily taught us how to dance to "Gangnam Style" before we all crashed.  The next morning Sarah had to leave early, but Sam, Emily and I ended the short, but sweet visit at Barnaby's Cafe for brunch.  I love time with my ladies, and I'm hoping I don't have to wait until Christmas to see them again!




Photo credit: Emily G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo