6.11.2012

MUSIC MONDAY


I would never call myself a die hard Radiohead fan.  I'm definitely a fan, but I wouldn't pay more than $50 to see them live.  My dad actually got me into them back when I was in 7th or 8th grade, and music was gaining more and more importance in my life.  I was looking through his CDs and I had heard of Radiohead before but had never listened to them, so I asked him if I could borrow Hail to the Thief.  He said sure I could, but he didn't think I would like it because it was "pretty experimental."  At this time I think my favorite bands were probably Good Charlotte, New Found Glory and Saves the Day.  So I said "whatever, Dad.  I can handle it," and sure enough I really liked it and bought the rest of their albums.  

"House of Cards" is probably my favorite Radiohead song.  It usually takes a few listens before I fall for a song, but not this one.  I was immediately weak in the knees at that first chord.  Such a beautiful, pure song.

I'll be back later today with details and pictures from my weekend.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo