6.11.2012

Ashley & Cameron's Wedding/College Reunion With My Girls

This past Saturday Jason and I made the four hour drive through the sketchiest areas of Texas civilization to a little place that is mighty proud of their tomatoes - Jacksonville, Texas.  Along with my good friends Emily and Rachel and Rachel's boyfriend Adam, we stayed at the No.1 rated hotel in Jacksonville, the Holiday Inn Express.  It was pretty swanky, I must say.  I digress.  The reason for the trip and the ritzy hotel stay was for our sweet friend Ashley's wedding.  In college our little group of girlfriends included myself, Emily, Heather (who I've mentioned before), Rachel, Ashley R. (the bride) and Ashley W.  Throughout the three and a half years I attended Texas State, there were others that would join our group for a short while, but these are the friends that truly matter, the ones I know I will keep in contact with.

Ashley's love story is a bit of a fairy tale in that she married her high school sweetheart, Cameron.  He is a wonderful, generous fellow, and I just know they will live happily ever after.  I couldn't be happier for them, and at the same time, I am completely jealous of them because right now they're on their honeymoon in the Bahamas!  Finally someone's going someplace else besides Jamaica for their honeymoon.  The wedding was so classy and tons of fun, especially when all of us girls hit the dance floor together and Rachel forced the deejay to play "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne!  I'm afraid that's probably our trademark song from our college days, but it's still fun nonetheless.  It was so wonderful to see both of the Ashleys!  It had been way too long.  We would like to all get together again someday soon because it's always such a blast.  At the wedding reception while we were all bumping and grinding and doing "The Wobble" I lost track of time, and it all ended way too soon.  Next thing I knew, it was Sunday morning, and Jason and I were back on that boring country road back to Austin.  I know I whine and complain a lot about not having friends nearby, but I feel so lucky to have the friends that I do - near or far, they are the best friends a girl could have, and I wouldn't trade them for all the cupcakes in the world.

**Please excuse the quality of these photos.  They were taken with an iPhone because I forgot to bring my camera, of course.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo