6.13.2012

Pad Thai Recipe

Top of the evening, folks.  I thought I would take some time tonight to share one of my newest favorite recipes - Pad Thai.  This has always been one of my favorite dishes at Pei Wei and other various Asian restaurants, but I had never attempted to make it on my own, or any Asian dish really, until just recently.  The ingredients always seemed super foreign to me (duh) and I thought I would have to shop at specific little weird markets to find the stuff.  I mean, come on, what exactly is fish sauce?  It sounds, looks and smells disgusting, but when mixed with a bunch of other flavors, it's actually quite delish.

So, I'm going to share my personal recipe with you that I adapted from this base Pad Thai recipe I found on Allrecipes.com.  This recipe makes about four servings.

Pad Thai
Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb. total)
10 oz rice stick noodles (prepare as per package instructions)
olive oil
minced garlic
3 eggs
6 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
12 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp peanut butter
sesame oil
soy sauce
hoisin sauce
crushed red pepper
paprika
cayenne pepper

Toppings:
green onions
lime juice
cilantro
crushed peanuts

Instructions:
1.  Pour about 2 tbsp olive oil in a large stir fry skillet or wok, and saute chicken breasts with minced garlic until lightly browned and cooked through.  Remove chicken and set aside.
2.  Add about 1/4 cup olive oil to the skillet/wok, heat over medium-high heat and cook the eggs until firm.
3.  Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and return to the skillet/wok.  Add prepared noodles, along with the rest of the ingredients to taste.  (Note:  This is definitely a taste as you go type of dish.  I just started throwing stuff in a little at a time until I achieved that taste I wanted.)
4.  Served in bowls and top with squeezed lime wedges, chopped green onions, cilantro and crushed peanuts.
5.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo