8.07.2012

If You Really Knew Me


This is a fun little post idea I got from Danielle, the creator/writer of one of the blogs I read regularly, Sometimes Sweet.  Like Danielle, I tended to be a bit of an over-sharer on my MySpace and LiveJournal accounts in high school, and oddly enough, just a few years ago in college with my Facebook.  I used to update my status almost everyday, sometimes multiple times in one day, which seems like wayyy too much to my current self.  Although I do log onto Facebook at least once a day, I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time I used to on the site, and I rarely update my status.  These days I see it as more of a way to keep up with close friends and relatives than a way of life like I used to.  It all seems a bit silly to me now, and I've since realized how much personal stuff I was openly dishing out and because of that I now choose to be much more private in my online endeavors.

So here goes.

If you really knew me...

- you'd know that I absolutely loathe all things Harry Potter.  Sorry, people, I just never got into it and am therefore sick of hearing about/seeing it.

- you'd know that I have a profound interest in the '60s, the '70s and the history/rise of punk rock as a beloved music genre.  The Misfits, The Germs, Choking Victim and The Adolescents are some of my favorite punk rock groups.

- you'd know that I love musicals.  Oklahoma! is at the top of my list, and I can sing every song word for word.  I was first introduced to it in the form of a school stage production at Crosby High School, my mom's alma mater.  I also own the full soundtrack, including the Overture, on vinyl.

- you'd know that I proudly own the entire Gilmore Girls television series on DVD.  Every time a boy would come over for the first time he would mockingly point that out.  Don't care.

- you'd know that I cracked my skull as an infant from falling backwards in my Nana's kitchen and would eat nothing but raisins in the hospital while they checked for brain damage.  They found none; although, some believe the results to be mistaken.

- you'd know that I am the eldest of three children in my family.  I am seven years older than my brother and eleven years older than my sister.  This didn't stop my brother from beating me up, haha.

- you'd know that I enjoy America's Funniest Home Videos from time to time, especially when I am in need of a good laugh.

- you'd know I can do an unmistakable impression of Cher singing "Believe."

- you'd know that I am a huge fan of both the Fast and the Furious and the Rocky sagas.

That's about all I can think of right now.  Perhaps now you know me a little better than before, and as always thanks for reading!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo