2.06.2013

Peek-A-Boo!


Happiest of Wednesdays, friends!  Now, I thought today would be the perfect day for a catch-up post, and let you all in on what I've been up to over the past week and a half.  As I mentioned before, Jason and I went on a little one-night trip down to San Antonio which is just a little over an hour south of Austin.  As much as we love Austin, it was nice to see some new sites and eat some REAL Mexican food at Acenar on the Riverwalk.  The restaurant was a little ways down the Riverwalk, sort of away from all the hustle and bustle, which was really nice, and we got to sit out on the patio overlooking the river - really relaxing and lovely.  The coconut margarita there is top notch, as well as the fresh fish ceviche and the little-bit-of-everything platter that Jason and I shared.  I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself hungry in San Antonio.  After dinner, we strolled along the river back to our hotel to drop off our leftovers before checking out some bars in our vicinity.  Pat O'Brien's quickly caught our attention because it's a staple on our New Orleans trips.  This location, however, not so much so we found ourselves meandering over to Teddy Roosevelt's old stompin' grounds, The Menger Bar, which was surprisingly super interesting and beautifully constructed with mahogany accents.  Following a few beers, we stumbled upon the Alamo where we took some pictures and read some historical markers/plaques.  Neither of us had been to the Alamo since we were kids so it was neat experience.

A couple of days later, we made our way north to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex to visit friends and family.  We got to meet our friends' Chris and Evelyn's new little addition, Nathan, who is absolutely adorable!  I'm so excited to be able to watch him grow into a little gentleman!  We got to spend some quality time with Jason's Uncle Jimmy and his maternal grandmother, and Wednesday night we got to see pretty much the entire family at dinner in Arlington.  I got to meet two of Jason's cousins that I hadn't met before, and it was so nice to be around so much of his family all at once because that's what I'm used to with my large family always getting together.

On the way home from Dallas, we obviously had to stop at the Czech Stop in West for fresh-baked fruit kolaches, and we finally tried Quality Seafood in north central Austin for dinner.  Delicious raw oysters!  Mmm mmm.

Speaking of food, tonight I'm making a healthy version of chicken and broccoli alfredo with a creamy Greek yogurt sauce.  Hopefully it fills and warms our bellies deliciously!  I'll be sure to letcha know.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo