5.16.2013

Eight Years in Stars Hollow




Gilmore Girls, the quirky, beautiful story of an unbreakable friendship between a young mother and her daughter, will forever be at the top of my list of favorite TV shows.  Over the years, I collected all of the seasons on DVD which seems to always be a topic of conversation when someone new comes to my place of dwelling and spots the colorful boxes of girlish, not-so-guilty pleasure.

Although I do have favorite episodes and am partial to certain parts of the girls' story (Jess Mariano!), from 2000 to 2007 the show remained consistently entertaining and well-written.  From time to time, I just have to pick an episode or two or three or twenty to watch and remind myself just how in love I am with this show!  I've recently been watching the seventh, and final, season getting my Logan Huntzberger fix, even though I used to hate him... he does sort of grow on you with those devilish good looks and charming remarks.

I think I've mentioned the best website ever, but to refresh your memory - Forever Young Adult is the brainchild of Meredith Borders, the managing editor of the Alamo Drafthouse and Badass Digest.  Meredith is currently writing an ongoing FYA piece titled The GILMORE GIRLS Rewatch Project in which she discusses, dissects and makes a drinking game out of three episodes at a time starting from the very beginning.  She has covered nine episodes so far, and publishes a new post every Wednesday much to my enjoyment!  I highly recommend following along with the Rewatch Project if you're a GG fan like me, or just check out the website because there are some hilariously addictive features on that thing!  I nearly died when I first found out about FYA because I am nothing if not forever a young adult.  I will admittedly NEVER cease reading every Sarah Dessen novel that comes out, even though they all have the exact same plot.  What can I say?  I'm hooked on young adult fiction about insecure teenage girls who only become their true selves when they meet a cute boy.  Not to mention, FYA features weekly analyses of The Vampire Diaries episodes, another of my sorry/not sorry adult-teenager indulgences.  Just be thankful I haven't started rewatching One Tree Hill... yet.  Because I'm pretty darn sure it's on Netflix Instant, guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo