8.16.2013

Currently


Enjoying: All of this family time I've had with my cousins over the past week.  It was a blast meeting Sarah in Bastrop for a little lunch and some exploration last week, and I had the pleasure of seeing her again yesterday while she and her boyfriend, Austin, were in town for the Keith Urban concert last night.  We ate lunch at Z'Tejas on West 6th followed by some "honest ice cream" at Lick on South Lamar.  The day before yesterday I met Esther for sushi at Lucky Robot on South Congress, and then I introduced her to Sugar Mama's Bakeshop where I tried a Snoball cupcake and she went with the German chocolate.  Aside from loving every minute of cousin time, I also enjoyed getting to try all of these places (aside from Sugar Mama's) for the first time!  I highly recommend ALL of them, further proving my point that bad restaurants simply do not exist in Austin.
Watching: Orange Is the New Black - we're only on episode five because we hardly ever have time to watch anything together anymore.  Breaking Bad is back!  So far there has only been one episode, but it was definitely worth the year-long wait.  There are all of these theories floating around about who's going to die and who Walt's going to kill...it's driving me nuts!  I'm also still trucking my way through Dawson's Creek.  I'm now at the end of season three, and I've decided this has to be the most dramatic show EVER.  I'm still not completely sold on it, which is probably why it's taking me so long to get through.  Yes, I'm still watching True Blood.  I'm a Trubie for life!  There is only one more episode of season six, and this past episode had to be one of the best out of the entire show.  It was very beautifully, thoughtfully directed.  My jaw dropped on more than one occasion. 

Anticipating: our trip to the PNW!  In 19 days we will be boarding a plane to Seattle, then venturing down to Portland and San Francisco.  I can't wait to fill my belly with west coast seafood, explore some beaches and suck up that salty sea air.  The countdown has begun, my friends.

And, finally, hoping: my sister Micah had the absolute best fourteenth birthday yesterday!  I was sad that I didn't get to see her in person, but I made sure to wish her a happy birthday on every social medium.  My mom also helped by sending me snapshots of the festivities throughout the day.

Happy Friday to everyone!  Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for y'alls trip to the PNW, I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    Also, I've been sitting on a draft of a currently post for the last week or so and yours gave me motivations to finish it... I think! haha

    -Sarah

    http://www.sarrrahgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo