3.04.2012

Currently...


Obsessing over:  The amazing weather we've been experiencing!  Spring is here indeed.  Although Fall is by far my favorite season, I can deal with Spring.  The temperatures range from 65 to 85 degrees with sunshine and cool breezes.  Plus, I love that there's little to no humidity in Austin.  Just one more reason to adore my city :)

Working on:  My health/fitness.  I'm serious this time, guys!  With all of the super cool fitness apps for iPhone (check out the Nike Training app!), a nice apartment fitness center literally footsteps from my front door and a beautiful park with lots of hiking trails right next to my complex, I have absolutely NO excuse.    I'm staying away from sugary drinks and trying to eat less red meat and enriched grains, so we'll see what happens.

Thinking about:  An Evening with Michael Ian Black - an event Jason and I are attending tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse!  For those who don't know of him, he's a hilariously dry comedian who has appeared in shows such as The State, Stella and Michael and Michael Have Issues.  He was also in the 2001 comedy Wet Hot American Summer about a Jewish summer camp.  If you have a Twitter account, you should definitely follow him - @michaelianblack.  I promise you'll be slapping your knee in no time.  So anyway, he's going to be at the drafthouse tonight and they're showing some of his best clips from the stuff he's been in AND everyone's getting a copy of his new book!  I cannot wait.


Anticipating:  Our trip to New Orleans in a couple weeks!  This will be our third visit to the Crescent City, and we're both so excited.  We've already made reservations at our favorite restaurant in the French Quarter, Cafe Giovanni.  We always eat there the first night of the trip as a way to kick off the fun!  

Listening to:  Blitzen Trapper.  If you haven't listened to this band - you must.  They are magnificent song writers and storytellers.  I know they'll be playing a few different shows at SXSW next week, so I'm really hoping I get a chance to see them at some point.  


Eating:  Cookies!  The other night I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies which were gone almost as quickly as the time they took to bake.  And I always keep a package of Oreos in the pantry...bad, i know.  I just can't help it!  I'm a sucker for cookies, especially with a glass of milk.  Irresistible.

Wishing:  People were nicer sometimes.  Today at work I witnessed a man talk down to one of my coworkers, and it just made me sick to my stomach.  There is nothing i hate more than when a person treats another like the trash they walk on.  It's so disrespectful and uncalled for.  People make mistakes, but nothing's beyond repair.  Now, lighten up and move on.

Now, time to get ready for an evening with MIB!  Thanks for taking the time to read my Currently post.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo