5.07.2012

MUSIC MONDAY


Greetings on this bright Monday afternoon!  Today for Music Monday I thought I would throw not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR songs at you.  I'm pretty sure you can handle it.  I believe in you.  So, lately I've been giving Sleigh Bells' newest album, Reign of Terror, quite the listen.  My favorite track off the album so far is "Leader of the Pack."  If you've never experienced Sleigh Bells for yourself, your ears are in for a pop-infused, noisy treat.  We saw them live at Coachella back in 2010, and to say they are entertaining would be an understatement.  They're an absolute ball.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of Sonic Youth one way or another.  They've been around a while now, or shall I say, were around for a while - the group allegedly parted ways last year when band leaders and lovers, Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore announced their relationship was ending.  According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, the group is on an "indefinite hiatus."  Anywho, "Sunday" is one of my top five favorites from Sonic Youth.  If your a Macaulay Culkin fan, you'll like the music video for this song.

Ah, Warpaint.  Such a phenomenon.  I used to despise bands with a strong female lead and/or singer, but I have since changed my opinion due to the influence of a number of leading ladies - Karen O, Kim Gordon, Bethany Cosentino, Jenny Lewis, Alison Mosshart and many more.  This band, however, blew me away because it's entirely made up of enthusiastically talented estrogen.  They are truly a revolution in my mind.  The song "Baby" is gorgeous and completely breaks my heart every time I listen to it.  

Lastly, Lou Reed.  What can I possibly say about this rock god that would do him justice?  Probably nothing, so I'll keep it short.  Listen to "Satellite of Love", watch Adventureland and shoot some heroin.  (totally kidding about that last one)

Here are some fun videos in relation to each of the above artists:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo