5.31.2012

An Interview With Jason (My 100th Post!)

I borrowed these interview questions for your spouse/significant other from Jess of IROCKSOWHAT.  I just thought it was a really neat idea, and I actually learned a few new things about Jason in the process.



1.  What was your first impression of me?  This girl doesn't feel the need to fill every second of silence with mindless chatter.

2.  How accurate do you think it was?  Totally accurate.  I feel like no silence between us has ever been awkward silence, just silence.  And silence is okay.

3.  What is your idea of a truly romantic evening?  Having a delicious dinner, a few drinks, perhaps going out to movie or watching one at home.  Just enjoying each other's company; that's all I need.

4.  If I promise not to get upset, can you tell me something you'd like to change in me but don't have the nerve to tell me?  There's nothing I would change about you.

5.  If you weren't in the profession you are now, what would be your dream profession and why?  A chef because I love to cook.

6.  Apart from the obvious one, what other two areas of your body are the most sensitive and most responsive?  My earlobes and my side.

7.  Can you name the three qualities that attracted you when you met me/got to know me?  (1) Your lips (2) You're a very cool character.  I never felt that you were trying to impress me; you were just being yourself, and I could tell.  (3)  And you accepted that I was the same way.

8.  What is your dream destination and why?  Argentina because of the diverse climates throughout the country and the different types of food and culture.

9.  Which is your favorite movie of all time and favorite scene in it?  I'm not really an "of all time" kind of person.  Nothing comes to mind.

10.  Which fruit or vegetable do you think I resemble and why?  A tomato because I'm not quite sure if you're a fruit or vegetable, but it doesn't matter because you're delicious.

11.  Can you remember your earliest childhood memory of fear and that of happiness?  Fear - when there was extreme weather...I think a tornado was nearby, and our dog Spot was outside, and I was really worried for Spot and afraid he would be taken away by the tornado.  Happiness - going to see my grandparents in Dallas.  I always loved my grandfather.  I was obsessed with that man as a kid.  It made me happy getting to visit him and spend time with him.

12.  Who is your favorite aunt/uncle/cousin and why?  Uncle Jimmy because he's easily relatable, fun and nonjudgemental.  He's the most like me.

13.  What are the qualities that draw you to people that you can base a friendship on?  Similar interests, people who are more introverted than extroverted.  I don't like people who force themselves on you.  I like relationships and friendships to evolve more naturally.

14.  Your first crush - what drew you to him or her?  I remember a girl in preschool who I had a crush on, and who knows what draws a preschool kid to have a crush on somebody?

15.  Your first date - where did you go, what did you do and how long did the relationship last?  We went to a middle school party, hung out and played video games, watched movies.  It lasted three weeks, maybe two...I don't know.

16.  How have you coped with break-ups in the past?  Complete severance.  At least at first.

17.  What has been your scariest dream?  I had a dream when I was a kid that the Wicked Witch of the West was chasing me through the Looney Tunes logo, and it never ended.  

18.  What has been your most frequently recurring dream?  A theme of being at work and something goes wrong, and I have to deal with the fallout of it.  Things just get crazier from there and it's totally unrealistic.

19.  What has been the best decision you've ever made?  To interview for a manager position at work because I had never planned to.  I was asked to by my boss.  I don't think I would have ever done it if she hadn't nudged me to do it.

20.  What decision do you regret the most?  Moving out of my parents' house so quickly.  I moved out before I was ready, and I was still struggling before I went to college and wasn't able to do well my first few years of college because I was having to work and make ends meet.

21.  What has been your proudest moment?  Graduating college.

22.  If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do?  Turn off my cell phone, invest in Google and take you out to a nice dinner.  What are five things you've been longing for that you would buy?  New car, new house, home recording studio, new guitar and a new fridge because I know you want one.

23.  If your house was on fire and you had the chance to save only five things, what would you choose?  Fozzie, Hunter, Maeby, You and my guitar.

24.  If you were asked whom you would like to be born again as, the answer would be... myself.

25.  What is your favorite ice cream flavor, favorite junk food and favorite dessert?  Blue Bell Tin Roof, Tin Roof and Tin Roof.

26.  Whose wardrobe would you most like to own?  I don't know.

27.  What's the one argument your parents had that you would like to avoid with your partner?  My parents never argued in front of me, so I don't know.

28.  What is your favorite asset/body part on a man/woman and why?  Lips, because they gotta be so kissable.

29.  What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?  That last question.

30.  If our relationship doesn't work out, do you think we could remain friends?  I don't want to think about that.  I would hope so.

31.  Who are you closer to - your mom or dad?  I don't think I'm really closer to either one of them.  I would say I'm equally close to each of them for different reasons.

32.  What is your favorite song and why?  "Mystic Rhythms" by Rush because of the atmosphere the song invokes and a little because of the memories.  I first bought the album back in 2004 when I was first really getting into Rush and that song always stood out to me.  It was on an album that a lot of Rush fans don't really like.  I'm one of the only people who really loves that synthesizer period of Rush.

33.  If somebody handed you a magic lamp and granted you three wishes what would they be?  Not all the money in the world, but enough to live comfortably and not have to work.  To be able to eat whatever I want and maintain perfect body mass index and be totally ripped.  And "world peace."

34.  What upsets you most in a relationship and what makes you the happiest?  When the other person is upset, and there's nothing I can do about it because I always want to, but I can't.  The synergy of a relationship makes me happiest, being so intertwined that you kind of know what the other person is going to say or do, but in a good, non-predictable way.

35.  What is your perception of how other people see you?  They probably think I'm a bit of a jerk.

36.  If someone told you they saw me with another guy, what would your first reaction be - she's cheating on me, he's probably an old friend or I need to get to the bottom of this?  He's probably an old friend.

37.  Can you think of something you craved for when you were young, but you were denied?  No, nothing.

38.  Have you ever found yourself attracted to someone of the same sex?  No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo