6.02.2012

100 Questions



1.  Are you young at heart, or an old soul? Definitely an old soul.  I worry constantly, cannot stay awake past 11 p.m. and love to make casseroles.

2.  What makes someone a best friend? Complete trust, true honesty, someone with a great sense of humor, but knows when to be serious, how to listen and you know will always be there for you.

3.  What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?  I think I was five or six when I got a My Size Barbie from Santa.  That pretty much made my life.

4.  Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life.  I don’t know that any of those things have really “changed” my life, but both the films “Mammoth” and “Babel” really helped to change my perspective of the importance of third world problems and good communication.

5.  Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.  I like my hair, I hate my legs.

6.  Would you like to reconnect with any friends you’ve lost contact with? Yes, some friends from high school that I deleted from Facebook during my post-college mass deletion phase.  I really regret that.

7.  What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection? Emotional connection, for sure.

8.  Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.  The Human Centipede.

9.  What holiday do you most look forward to? Halloween and Thanksgiving.

10.  How is the relationship between you and your parents? I have really good relationships with both of my parents, especially my mom who I’ve always been very close to.

11.  You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on? Food Network.

12.  Name a song that never fails to make you happy.  “Well All Right” by Buddy Holly

13.  You know at least one person named Michael. Tell me about him.  My grandpa’s name is Michael.  He’s a pretty interesting guy who comes from a pretty interesting place.  He was in the Air Force, he eats really fast because of that, and he’s been very generous to me my whole life.

14.  Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to? I have overheard my old roommates reading them and talking about them, but I’ve never read them myself.  I've never posted one.

15.  If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?  The Greek island of Ios, but in all honesty, that won’t happen because I really just want to be close to my family.

16.  Can money buy happiness? No, but it sure helps out a lot!  Money problems are the pits.

17.  Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not? I drink occasionally, don’t smoke and don’t do drugs.  I enjoy fine wines, beers, and margaritas.  Smoking killed my Pop.  And drugs are bad.

18.  Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? You don’t have to give names. Yes.

19.  Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?  Nana and Pop’s house.

20.  Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?  No.

21.  Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people? Just a small group.

22.  Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?  My dad has pretty good taste in music; he’s the one that got me into a lot of classic and 90s rock.  My mom listens to pop and rap music mainly, and I enjoy some of that stuff too.  My dad likes the music I listen to, but my mom won’t even give it a chance.  She just makes fun of it, haha.

23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? I have been bullied, but I’m thankfully not “friends” with that person anymore.  And, no, I have never bullied anyone.

24.  If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Jason’s goat cheese mashed potatoes with caramelized onions.

25.  If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship? Of course.

26.  Do you prefer cooking or eating out? It depends on the night.  I enjoy both.

27.  Of all the social networks in the world, why use twitter? Because it’s a fast, easy way to get a lot of information at once. It’s way better than watching the news.

28.  What’s your favorite hashtag to track? Don’t have a favorite, don’t use hastags too often.

29.  Would you call yourself/your family “middle class?” I’m probably lower-middle class, but I would consider most of my family to be middle class.

30.  Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended. Six Feet Under.

31.  Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? Surprisingly no.  Although, I’ve seriously thought about too many times.

32.  If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? No.

33.  If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? I would go back to the time of the aftermath of my first serious breakup, and I say, “He’s not worth your tears and pain.  You will find someone much much better.  Just get over it and move on NOW.”

34.  What’s your “quirkiest” habit? Making strange, small noises all the time, or bursting out into random song throughout my day.

35.  What is “normal?” Are you normal? Normal is a highly subjective desciption.

36.  Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer? Yes.

37.  What is one thing you could never forgive? Someone physically hurting my brother or sister.

38.  Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single? Be in the relationship…there are few things more fulfilling.  The honeymoon stage always goes away, then you move into a deeper, more respectful love for one another, and nothing can match that.

39.  Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? I don’t believe it’s possible.  I’ve never seen proof of it.

40.  Where do you and your friends go to hang out? I don’t really have friends that live close by anymore, but we used to hang out at each other’s houses/apartments, coffee shops, music venues, bars, and the like.

41.  Write the first sentence of your obituary. Kassie Lanae Kitchen passed away this morning at the age of 102 in her favorite white rocking chair with her cat in her lap.

42.  What is the best TV theme song ever? Alfred Hitchcock Presents

43.  When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?  I first wanted to be a dance teacher, then a pharmacist.

44.   When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked? No, sometimes without pants, but that’s the freakiest it gets.

45.   What gets you out of bed in the morning? My alarm buzzing in my ear.

46.   Do you want to have more friends than you have right now? Not necessarily, I just wish the ones I do have lived closer!

47.   What part of the past year sticks out in your mind? Moving to Austin, our trip to Las Vegas, getting to see my friends.

48.   You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? No, I quit immediately.

49.   Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you’re in one, what makes yours work? Nope.  I know some can, but I am not one of those persons.  I have tried it a handful of times, and it always ends disastrously.

50.  What’s the best route to your heart? A man that can cook and be silly.

51.  Have you ever met someone through the Internet, then met them in real life? Yeah.  Weird.

52.  What is your favorite sport? I don’t enjoy playing any sports myself, but I like to watch baseball, but only if someone I know is playing, like my brother.

53.  What has been troubling you lately? My job and my financial situation.

54.  Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven’t gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? If you didn’t go, why not?  My HS prom was so overrated!  My friends and I planned for it for an entire year leading up to it, and it was so not worth it.  However, we did drive down to the beach right after, and that was a blast!

55.   What do you use more often: your intuition or logical reasoning? I’d like to think I use a little of both.

56.   Do you know what makes you happy? I know some things that make me happy.  I’m sure I have yet to discover others.

57.   Tell me about the last book you read. Well I’m currently reading The Help.  It’s awesome. It’s weird to read the book after you’ve watched the movie though; the book gives so many more details.

58.   What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? My boss once told me that he’s admires my confidence and he knows I must have been raised well by great parents.  He is right.

59.    Who was your first crush? Doug Garner in first grade.

60.    Do you believe that there is life on other planets? Yes.

61.    Predict what your life will look like a year from now. Hopefully, I’ll be making fat stacks of cash and living the good life somewhere nice with my love.

62.    Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began. Well I’m currently in a relationship, and it began in beginner bowling class at Texas State.  On the first day, I saw this tall, handsome guy who seemed oddly familiar, but I just couldn’t put my finger on where I knew him from.  I thought maybe I had seen him play a show at some venue, but the truth is, I didn’t know him from anywhere, and I hadn’t ever seen him before.  Call me crazy, but I got a quick glimpse at the future and the universe was telling me there’s something special about this one. I guess he felt the same.  Cha-ching.

63.    Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? Ooh, I like too many places.  Probably Japan Latino, my favorite sushi restaurant ever.

64.    What is something you want to change about your current situation? I want to make more money, live in a cute little house, and not have to work.

65.    Early bird or night owl? Neither.

66.    Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to? I have a yellow Barbie boom box that has a button you push and crazy funk music from 1993 blares out of it.

67.    Give me an unpopular opinion you have?  I hate Harry Potter.

68.    What was the last song that was stuck in your head? “Tongue-Tied” by GROUPLOVE

69.    Where do you live? Be as general or specific as you want. I live in an apartment in Austin, TX.

70.    Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation? No, a winner’s a winner.

71.    What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? A family road trip from Houston to Breckenridge, Colorado.  It was only supposed to be like 17 hours, but there was a blizzard and it ended up taking us 25 hours straight.  We did not stop except for once at Denny’s for breakfast at 5 a.m.  It was very strange.

72.   Have you ever taken part in a protest? Yes.

73.   Would you ever use an online dating service? As a last resort.

74.   What is your ethnic heritage? Scottish, Irish and French.

75.   Describe a person that inspires you. My Nana.  She is strong, hilarious, confidant, and the sweetest person on the planet.

76.   If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you? Probably not.

77.   Do you believe in luck? No.

78.   Describe the last time you were very angry with someone. It was work-related, and my brain was shaking I was so mad.

79.   Do you want to live until you’re 100? As long as I’m not hooked up to some machine and my mind still partially functions, yes.

80.   Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change? Yes, people constantly change.  You just have to accept that person for who they are all the time.  Be open to their changes and continue to love them just the same.  I know it’s easier said than done, but no one ever said relationships were easy.

81.   Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? Yes, and we dated and it ruined everything.

82.   Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don’t like with your best friends? I’d rather be alone.

83.   Do you practice what you preach? Most of the time.

84.   If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? No, I’m always safe.  Not a risk-taker in the least.

85.   What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence? Intelligence.

86.   Are you hard-headed? About some things, yes.

87.   Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? Yes!  Haha, that’s the absolute worst feeling ever, but also one of the best at the same time.

88.   When have you felt most alive? Seeing shows on Broadway in NY, and staring out into the horizon as far as I can see when I’m at the beach.

89.   Would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains? Either countryside or mountains, but close enough to a city so I could go enjoy it when the mood strikes.

90.   Do you often skip breakfast? I used to all the time, but I eat breakfast most days now.

91.   How do you know what true love is? When you're in it, you just know.

92.   Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? No way, Jose.

93.  Where is “home” for you? Houston, TX

94.   What song best describes your life right now? Can’t think of one off the top of my head.

95.   Do you want to be perfect? Perfect is boring. And non-existent.

96.   What have you never tried, but would really like to someday? What’s holding you back? Traveling to other countries.  Money is holding me back.  Flights aren’t cheap.

97.   How do you express your creativity? Writing.

98.   Describe your neighborhood. Quirky, clean, environmental, fairly safe, nice.

99.   Name something you only liked because it was popular. Beanie Babies.  Dumbest trend ever.

100.  Give me the story of your life in six words. Birth, fun, school, love, graduation, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo