6.27.2013

Currently


Anticipating: My dad's 46th birthday tomorrow!  He and my step-mom, Rebecca, are driving up from Houston to spend some time in the lovely hill country (and one of my dad's favorite cities) to celebrate the occasion.  Tomorrow night we're having dinner at Mai Thai per my dad's request for Thai food.  I've actually never tried it before, but it has great reviews, and seeing as it's had a downtown  location for a while now, I'm guessing it's not hurting for business.  Saturday I will be joining them, along with some of their friends, at the Oasis on Lake Travis, a popular tourist destination restaurant with some of the absolute best sunset views.

Enjoying: My day off from work today.  The past few days at work have been very trying.  I can't exactly pinpoint what is making it so stressful; I suspect it's just a lot of things changing and happening all at once.  It's sort of felt like a whirlwind of issues spinning around me one after the other.  Just when I've got something under control, another thing pops up and smacks me in the face.  Here's hoping things settle down soon!

Watching: As far as television goes, I've been keeping up with Mad Men, The Killing and True Blood, which all air on Sunday.  Thank goodness for AT&T U-Verse!  On top of all that, the final season of Dexter premieres this coming Sunday.  And in the way of movies, we saw Man of Steel in IMAX 3D about a week and a half ago.  I really enjoyed it for the most part, although it did feel a little TOO action-packed at times.  I like my superhero movies to have a good mix of love-story, action and background.  Man of Steel included all of these elements, but the love-story and background parts felt pretty buried under all of the swooshing, crashing, bashing, smashing and mass-destruction going on.

Missing: my dear friend, Emily.  She was in town visiting this past weekend, and we had so much fun together!  It almost felt just like the good old college days minus all the crazy Keystone and Coors Light-filled adventures.  We had some more mature adventures this time around, venturing out to Krause Springs in Spicewood, doing some modest drinking on Rainey Street, stuffing our faces at Gourdough's and shopping around the eclectic South Congress district before she drove her little rental Fiat back to Space City.  I would have devoted an entire post to her visit, but she wrote one herself that I won't even try to out-do!

Devouring: This scrumptious Curry Chicken Salad that Jason made.  He's made it a few times before, and lemme tell ya, it's to die for!  It's got grapes, apples, celery and pecans in it too, which makes for a delicious, slightly-healthy-if-it-weren't-for-all-the-mayonnaise little lunch.  I'll post the recipe sometime in the near future so you guys can try it for yourselves!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to maybe start watching True Blood but there's something keeping me from watching! I don't know!!
    I'm super excited for Dexter but not having Shotime makes it so hard to keep up.... grrr!!

    I love chicken salad so I'm really interested to see the recipe for Jason's salad!

    Yaye for fun currently posts! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!
I appreciate any and all feedback from my readers.
xoxo